The two-seated Jabiru was made available to flying club members in November 2010 to satisfy the growing number and needs of RA-Aus (recreational pilots) around the Eyre Peninsula as the Piper Archer II (VH-DRG) owned by the club was not classed as a sport aircraft and therefore was unable to be flown by RA-Aus pilots. It’s high wing design is fantastic for sight-seeing, the aircraft is also relatively inexpensive to fuel and operate.
Hire Cost: $120 per hour (includes fuel)
To hire this aircraft you must meet all criteria listed below:
- Be an active and financial member of the Port Lincoln Flying Club.
- Hold a current Recreational Pilot’s Certificate.
- Have atleast 20 hours of solo flight time in any other aircraft.
- Complete a familiarisation flight in the Jabiru with another club appointed pilot.
- Carry a current ASIC Card.
- Clean, refuel and general preperation for the next pilot to do pre-flight checks, push-out and fly.
|Engine: Jabiru 2200B – 2200cc 80hp (60kW), 4 cylinder, 4 stroke||Climb Rate (sea level) Gross: 667 ft/m|
|Propeller: 2 Blade Fixed Pitch, Wooden/Composite||Service Ceiling: 10,000 ft|
|Height: 2300 mm||Take Off Distance (Ground Roll): 210 m|
|Length: 5775 mm||Landing Distance – (Ground Roll): 238 m|
|Wing Span: 8,120 mm||Fuel Capacity: 135 L|
|Seats: 2||Fuel Consumption at Cruise: 13 L/hr|
|Range (at Max Range Speed): 1030 nm|
|Speeds (KIAS)||Empty Weight: 300 kg (661 lbs)|
|VNE (Never Exceed): 140 kts||Useable Load: 240 kg (529 lbs)|
|VA (Max. Manoeuvre): 102 kts||Gross Weight (MTOW): 540kg (1188 lbs)|